At Abundant Life, everything we teach is from the bible. We do not skip over or leave anything out.
What We Teach
- There is one God (Deut 6:4). He is the creator of heaven and earth, and of all living things. He revealed Himself to humanity as the Father (Creator), robed Himself in flesh (as the Son) to become our Savior, Jesus Christ (1 Tim 3:16) and returned to indwell humanity in the form of the Holy Ghost on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:37-39) after He was crucified and died for our sins.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is true in all it teaches. It is our only authority for what we teach and is our complete instruction in Christian living. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- We teach the complete, scriptural salvation message of repentance, remission of sins through water baptism by immersion, and the infilling of the Holy Spirit as evidenced by the initial sign of speaking in other tongues. (John 3:5; Mark 16:15-18; Acts 2:4; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-6; Colossians 2:11-14)
- We worship & praise with our hands and voices raised (Psalm 134:2; Psalm 28:2) and a host of instruments accompanying. ‘Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord!...’ (Psalm 150)
- God ministers to and edifies His people through the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:1-11) We teach and encourage the saints to ‘desire spiritual gifts’ as they are given to ‘edify, exhort and comfort‘ the church. (1 Corinthians 14:1-4)
- We believe in pursuing a lifestyle of inward and outward holiness, endeavoring to be a reflection of the character and glory of God. (Hebrews 12:14; 2 Corinthians 7:1)